Playlist management in DigitalCD includes the folling type of lists:
- A main playlist saved automatically on exit of DigitalCD, centralising all lists, files and internet radio stations.
- The file queue, containing a temporary list of files to play or a subset of the main playlist.
- Secondary playlists stored on disk, reloaded either automatically
at startup or only when requested.
- Dirlists pointing for example to temporary download directories
and which are scanned to load time to fetch their contents.
- Yellow pages, downloaded from the Internet, listing active
internet radio stations.
Some of the features are:
- Flat or hierarchical display, with advanced grouping/sorting options.
- Extraction of metadatas from path and filename.
- Advanced search window and result list
(1280 x 768).
- Drag and drop, as well as Cut/Copy/Paste, allowing you to
move/copy items within the playlist or export them to other
- Possibility to drag whole directories to a playlist. These are
then recursively scanned to add any supported file to the playlist.
Edition of the properties of an item in the list (or even several at once) allows to define:
- Metadata such as collective, artists, album set, album.
- Compilation albums i.e. albums with multiple artists such as
'Greatest Hits 20xx'.
- A relative volume setting to avoid having
to adjust the main volume each time a new track is played.